How To Avoid Wasted Food:
Plan your menu
- Write a Shopping list.
- Check what is in your cupboard and can be used up before it expires.
- Consider locally made alternatives (eg. you can easily use locally grown vegeatables instead of imported sauces)
- Buy seasonally available food
- Buy whole foods that will store well
- Measure your serving sizes or let people serve themselves
- Store Food Correctly
- Send people home with leftovers if they genuinely want it
- Eat the Leftovers in curries, pies, pasties, pasta sauces, on pizzas and in lasagna or soups.
- offer leftovers to your chickens then put remainder in a worm-farm